Winter has finally arrived in Kentuckiana, and this can take a toll on your budget and comfort during these chilly months. Our Spindletop Draperies family would like to offer you valuable ways to stay warm with our Hunter Douglas window treatments. The highly energy-efficient Duette®, Duette Architella® and Alustra Duette Architella® honeycomb shades provide attractive and innovative ways to insulate your home. The Duette Architella® is an intricate design from Hunter Douglas utilizing a honeycomb-within-a-honeycomb model to provide a layer of trapped air to insulate your window year round.
Normally, without energy-efficient shades, 50% of a home’s heating and cooling energy can be lost through its windows. We want to help combat this problem and provide window treatments that are not only stylish, but will help you save money on your heating bill.
For more information about our energy-efficient options click here www.spindletopdraperies.com to contact us via phone, email or our address so you can stop by at your convenience. Together our Spindletop Draperies family can help your family in keeping out the cold and insulating warm memories this winter season.
Use these additional tips to reduce energy loss from your windows.
• Make sure windows and doors are properly weather-stripped.
• Caulk around basement and storm windows.
• Keep windows locked so they are airtight.
• To locate any drafts, hold a lighted candle in front of a window. If the candle’s flame begins moving, your window has a draft and should be caulked or weather-stripped to prevent heat loss.
• During the winter, open your window coverings during sunny days to catch free solar heat then close them at night to keep in heat.
Your home. Your taste. Your customized experience.